Monday, June 23, 2008

The Rest

And for my last post of the day...
Well, two weeks ago, Dave's family, the Meyers, came and we had the pleasure of them staying with us for over a week! It was so much fun having them here. We went to the grand canyon the first two days (it was amazing) and then the rest of the time we hung out here in Bagdad, went to the pool, the park, laid around idly some days, etc. It was really sad for us to see them go. We love having them around! We have a ton of pictures from the visit, but I haven't gone through them yet, so a post with some pictures will follow...some time when I get around to it. :)


I have also been doing a lot of reading the past 2 weeks. I have finished 3.5 books in that short time, thanks to the fact that we have had a lot of idle time and driving time in the car (Dave was so annoyed...I wasn't very much fun in the car). The first book I wanted to comment on is the Brothers, the first of the sixth volume in the Great and the Terrible series. I can't even express the goodness in that book! It is fiction, but it really opens your eyes to so many different gospel principles and makes you view life, your relationship with your Heavenly Father, and your fellow men completely differently! It also provokes some serious thoughts about the pre-existance. I recommend this HIGHLY to anyone! We went out and bought the whole set and Dave and I are both excited to finish the series.


Then there's Twilight...ahhh. I am almost done with the last book (that's out anyway) in the series, Eclipse. I have to say that, though they aren't a gospel, feel good, thought provoking series, they are some of the best novels I have read! I love them and I am so excited for the next one to come out in August (also for the movie in December!) I recommend these to anyone who loves to get lost in a good romance. Of course there's the exciting, on the edge of your seat, parts too, but the romance is my favorite. :)

Anyway, there's not much else to report on now. It's just been a jam-packed 3 weeks and I am glad that life is starting to slow back down to normal again. I'm looking forward to going back to our ward and my calling, etc. I will add a post with pictures later!

1 comment:

janine said...

Hey there Davenports,
Yes, I actually check out the blogs along with Janine! We miss you guys and hope you are well. Sam is getting so big, and I still have yet to meet him. Jennie, I wanted to comment on "The Great & Terrible" series. I drive a lot for my job and I just finished the fifth book "The End of Heaven" if I remember the name correctly. I started the series almost 2 years ago. I love the books! Even though it is fiction, like you said, it really brings everything into perspective! I can't wait until the last one comes out! Take care, The Grover's