Monday, December 15, 2008
Well, I think we can breathe...for the time being. After a lot of thinking and talking with people we were starting to realize how silly it would be to take the incentive and just up and leave without having another job lined up. The incentive, when compared to the possibility that we might get to keep our job for a while longer, just didn't seem worth it. But we did some praying and fasting and worrying and come to find out yesterday, we think we were thinking things were a lot more crucial than they actually were. Yes, we still need to be in fear for our jobs in the near future, but no, we don't necessarilly need to be making the decision on our own. We found out, after all the worrying all weekend and wondering what to do, that the mine is sort of taking back the fact that they offered the incentive to every employee, salaried ones included. They don't want to lose their salaried employees yet so they'd prefer people not to....unless they really want to. Which means, we are safe for now. It changes every day and by next week it could be a completely different story but as far as we understand, they probably won't be doing anymore cut-backs until January...and when they do, it may or may not be in Dave's department. We're just greatful we have been able to keep the job as long as we have and hope we can keep it even longer...especially until after the baby!