I always love getting nominated for awards, especially since that last award I won before I started blogging was for singing in a talent show my freshman year of high school, and before that, an Albertson's coloring contest when I was ten (I believe the picture was Aladdin and Princess Jasmine on the magic carpet, and my prize was the greatest movie of all time: the Return of Jafar. Haven't seen it? Check it out. The compelling film will move you, I guarantee; a true masterpiece in cinema.).
"The Liebster Blog Award is designed to bring additional recognition to those bloggers with less than 200 followers. If you receive the award, you should link back to the blogger that nominated you and nominate five more blogs. Also, don’t forget to let them know that you nominated them."
How fun. In a way, it reminds me of those chain letters in high school, only a lot different.
Okay, so maybe they're not alike at all, but that's what I thought of. You know, back in the day when kids actually used real paper and pens to write notes. None of this texting hooey.
I admit, I'm actually quite find of the texting hooey, since I absolutely loathe phone conversations.
- Becky, at the Hummingbird Hollow. Of course I had to start with Becky. Because she is amazing. If ever there was someone who cared about every soul and considered and respected every person's viewpoints and beliefs, it would be Becky. She is amazing in that way. Becky is a great friend, and though our beliefs on some things don't align, we have a mutual love and respect for each other. Because she makes it easy. She is an excellent photographer, and shows her work on her blog, as well as book reviews (she loves literature and reading and learning about everything there is to know) and fun, easy craft ideas. Go check her out!
- Jen, at Runner Mom. Jen and I were made from the same mold. Seriously. When we first came across each other's blogs, it was like we were reading about ourselves (except for the fact that she's actually in shape and I'm sure has killer-smokin legs). She's my bloggy-sister (is that even a word?) and an amazingly great blogger--as in, she will always comment and always reply to your comments on her blog. She is a mom of four cutie-pie kids, a running addict, and so creative with words. If you like me, then you'll love her (I hope you like me. You're reading my blog, so you better.), so stop on by!
- The Sarcasm Goddess, at For the Love of Writing. Because holy CRAP, can that girl make me laugh. Every single post. She's hilarious, says it like it is, and isn't sarcastic at all, ever. Her topics mostly consist of bacon, sausage, and other things I don't have the guts to blog about, like "bajingos" (They're cute, furry animals, Mom, that's all). But I'm sure she doesn't need this nomination, because she's quickly working her way up to 200 followers. So go make her even more popular.
- Lori, at Immersion Blog-apy. Lori is a Christian woman and one of the greatest writers I've "known." I started reading her blog through a writing linky and became hooked on her fiction voice. So vivid and palpable. I was a follower right away. And then, as if her beautiful prose weren't enough, come to find out, Lori can write some killer poems (I'm jealous). She's so talented and works so well with words, that the lines just flow and you can feel the rhythm. Check out her work on her blog.
- Mel, at Less Than Perfect. Mel is a wife, mommy, and pet-mommy, and is one of the most supportive bloggers I've "met." She mostly shares stories about her mommy-hood and day-to-day life, which always pull me in and always seem to relate. She's an excellent post writer, and can always infuse authenticity, humor, and even gravity, in all the right places. I've loved getting connected to her, so you should, too!