Friday, May 16, 2008

Father and Sons

Well, though I am nervous and will probably worry the whole time, due to the fact that it will be the first night away from my baby, I am so excited that Dave and Sam are going on their first Father and Sons camp out tonight! Dave is a little nervous because Sam is so young, so I had to really try to talk him into it (thanks to the help of some ward members), but he is excited to spend time with his boy and I think it will be a great experience for them both!

And of course, I am looking forward to having a morning to sleep in! Whoo hoo!!! All the women are getting together tonight for a girls night out also, which will be fun too! My luck, I wont be able to sleep in because it'll be so weird to not be woken up by Sam. And I'll probably worry the whole time. Anyway...I will report on that after it's done.

I was reading every one's blogs and realized everyone reported on their Mother's days except me. How sad is it that it wasn't big enough of a deal for me to remember to write about it? :) Just kidding...it was a big deal, it's just that nothing extravagant happened. We went to church (I wish it wasn't so early so that I could have slept in on Mother's Day, but oh well) and we got bath salts from the Primary and flowers from...well, I don't know from exactly who. We came home and lounged and relaxed and Dave made steaks for dinner! Yum! Then the best part was when Sam walked into the bedroom with a card in his hands that he wrote in and everything. He also got me a gift card to Khol's, but it wasn't much because he had to save up all year for it. :)

I wanted to also mention that I think we might be going on a cruise during the week of Christmas with Dave's family...MIGHT is the key word. We still aren't sure, but we are leaning pretty heavily towards it. I am SOOO excited!!! That is, if we do decide to go, of course. :)

That's it for now!

2 comments:

Steve, Jillian, Addison, and Jace said...

Jennie seriously just go on the crusie. We are leaving this morning!!!!! I'll call you after we return!!!!! Have a good week!

k.young said...

A cruise sounds fun, but I would get too stir crazy. But I know just about everyone else I know would love to go on one.
How fun! A Father and Son's camp out! Dave is brave :)