Saturday, November 8, 2008

Finally...

Okay, I had to wait until Sam was down for his nap to do this last post because it took me two hours to do those last two and he was driving me insane. He is so cranky today and needy and I don't know why. He hasn't necessarily asked for his binky (except when I just put him down for his nap) so I'm not sure if that's been it or not.

Anyway, there was just a few other small things I felt like blogging about. Like about how EXTREMELY excited I am to go to Colorado in two weeks! It can't come soon enough. I have been counting down the days. I can't even explain how elated I feel at being able to be with our families there again for Thanksgiving. I just love being there and I hope that when it comes time for us to come back home after our trip that I'm not depressed.

I am so excited to see everyone and have everyone see Sam and how much he has grown and changed! Dave made me almost want to cry yesterday when he suggested that maybe we should do Sam's first haircut while we were there so the family could be around for it. I haven't even thought about getting his first haircut anytime even remotely soon!! Yeah, he might need one, but I don't think I can part with his hair! His cute baby blond long curls in the back! It makes me sad even to think about it because I love his hair SO much! He will be so much more like a like a normal little boy toddler. I don't know...we will just have to see...

I am going to be going to Jessica's child development (that's what it is right?) class while I'm there too to talk to the class about being pregnant and being a mom. I'm not really sure what I'm going to say or talk about but I do have PLENTY. :) And poor Jess is having her jaw surgery three days before we get there...hopefully she feels somewhat better when we come! I will try not to eat yummy Thanksgiving dinner in front of you Jess... :)

Another reason I am so excited is because....drum roll...Twilight comes out the same day we arrive there and I get to see it with my sisters! I am so excited and I just got done reading Becky's copy of the movie companion book (a book about the movie about the book...haha...) and it made me INCREDIBLY STOKED to see it. I get more excited with each new picture I see or each new video or preview I watch. Counting down the days...Ahhh...

The last thing I want to really comment on is how sad I feel for where this world is heading. I really hadn't realized how bad it was until I have heard and seen pictures of all the protesting that has been going on for the prop 8 thing in California. How could people be so angry when everyone voted on it and the majority won? The hate and even the violence people have been displaying to our church just for vocally expressing that we support it, blows my mind. It's not like our church made the decision! Obviously the majority of the people in CA wanted gay marriage banned, so why do they have to take it out on everyone else, including our church? What they're doing is objecting to the system we have in place where everyone is free to choose and vote!! I don't get it and it makes me sad and sick that people can be this way. This is one of the reasons our church doesn't get involved in political issues, but this wasn't even a political issue...it was an issue of the way of life and what's right and wrong and how that simple prop could change the way our children are taught in schools, etc. I'm grateful that the church has taken a stand!! And the violence being shown makes me realize more and more how close we are to the second coming! And being so, we will get much more persecution than this! I pray for the country, and especially the people in CA! And thanks Karyn for all the info you provided about this on your blog!

I finally got my hair trimmed and highlighted (way past due!) and here's how it looks...kind of. That was the day it got done so it wasn't really styled. It isn't much different, but it's enough of a change!

This is just a cute picture of Sam when he fell asleep on the couch a couple days ago...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

jen you are a hottie with a body, even preggers. so cute!

k.young said...

Cute hair. How fun that you get to come home for Thanksgiving. I can't wait for Twilight either.

Johnson Family said...

I love the sleeping baby pictures, and your hair looks great! I am excited to watch Sam tomorrow. Will just saw Sam's picture on the blog and said "Sammy!"
Christa