Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Hatred Continues...

I heart something that disturbed me very much today...due to the whole proposition 8 thing, someone left a burning Book of Mormon on the steps of the Easter church building in Littleton, CO (I had many dances and stake events at this building growing up and it's the building my in-laws currently attend for church). It surprises me that even in other states the church is being targeted because of this! It surprises me how much hate people have that they can do that! It's so disresepectful...especially with the most important and inspired book we will ever have! It breaks my heart and I hope this hate dies down and doesn't worsen. Here is a link to the short article about it, if anyone is interested:

http://www.kwgn.com/pages/news_local_landing/?Church-Fire-May-Be-Tied-to-Gay-Rights-Op=1&blockID=133303&feedID=202

I just don't understand the point of even "quietly protesting." What does it accomplish? I understand we have a right to it (as long as people don't get out of hand!!!) and I am grateful for that, but it just doesn't make sense to me.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I don't understand why someone would do this either. I think the church stood up for it's beliefs and they had a right to do that.
I don't understand some of the things people do.

Unknown said...

I saw this on Fox news last night. They showed Bro. Priday (Dave will know him if you don't) talking about it. Scary!!

Unknown said...

It's so disgusting and hypocritical of people. It's like they truly believe violence will fix their problem, when in reality, it will just make them more intolerable. You can't kill hate with hate, and that's what they don't realize. They are blinded by arrogance.