I figured I needed a little gratitude on this blog. Especially since my last post generated comments like, "Someone's having a bad day..." and "Are you serious?" My mom even asked me if I really drank margaritas. I laughed. No, I don't really drink margaritas, or read romance novels.
I just write them.
(Again, a joke. Kind of.)
So, besides the givens, like my family, here's what I am especially grateful for this week. It's the little victories, right?
- Matt Nathanson's song, Little Victories. Pun intended.
- Josh saying more words and making communication that much easier. He's even started putting two words together!
- Reassuring comments from his speech therapist on just how great he's going. Plus, she says we are her favorite.
- New recipes.
- Air conditioning.
- The news that we will be going to Idaho next week, therefore getting me out of Bagdad.
- Ashley sending William home. Seriously, grow up, little boy. (Bachelorette is my guilty pleasure. No matter how irritating Ashley is.)
- The accumulated seven hours of sleep I had last night--almost double what I usually get.
- The sprinkler, because it gets Sam outside for hours each day. And I
loooove the breaklove that he can get time in the sunshine.
- That Josh is even thicker in the chest than he was last week. It makes snuggling and hugging him SO much fun! He's my little football player.
- My Mag07 came in the mail. Maybe I will actually get to enjoy eating again!
- One of my manuscripts was returned by mail, meticulously edited by a friend.
- Chubby, rolly baby thighs.
- Master Chef, because it has inspired my husband to want to learn to cook something really well. And that means I might get a night off cooking.
- Finding cute matching shirts for all three boys at Target...ON SALE!
- That the bug man sprayed our attic. One more obstacle for scorpions.
- Luke's screechy velociraptor laugh.
- A husband who is understanding when he gets home from work and it looks like nothing has gotten done.
- The mom and writing blog communities, and all the wonderful posts I get to read every day, from wonderful, funny, talented people that make me feel not so alone!
- Baby feet.