Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, we had an eventful New Years Eve...not. It was pretty much like any other night. We hung out with friends and ate yummy treats and played A-Z (really fun game!) but we went home at about 9:30 because that was about all Sam could take. Then Dave and I ended up going to bed at 10:30. No point in staying up just to stay up...especially if your sick and exhausted. I will have to say this was my first New Years Eve where I didn't stay up until midnight!

Anyway, New Years day was a lot more eventful! We went with some friends to a place called Wildhorse Basin about 20 minutes from here, which was really fun! We ate hot dogs, payed on the four wheeler, played in the water (the men), played in the mud (the boys), and chatted (the women). Then that night we all gathered at the Bolingers and ate pizza and piƱa coladas (virgin of course!) and played A-Z and Wii.

Sam and I have been sick again! It's so aggravating. Like Christa, I wonder what has happened to my immune system. Though, really, I know. I usually am pretty immune to the stuff that goes around, but being pregnant, it seems I get every little thing that comes my way...and then of course I give it to Sam. Luckily, he hasn't been too bad this time around. He even seemed to be almost completely better today! But I don't think I have ever been so congested my whole life! It has been over a week now since I have had it, and it worries me that I have some sort of infection or something. I miss being able to breathe!

Anyway, that's really all that has been going on with us, so here are more pictures! :)

Brooklyn loves to eat everything, including wet sand!

Not quite sure what Dave, Tyrone, and Nick were looking at...

The boys throwing sand and rocks in the water. Boys will be boys...

Sam kept walking in the water, but thanks to his waterproof boots his feet stayed dry!

Douglas, Sam, Clint, and Colter.

Playing on the four-wheeler...

Zorro and Bandit sunbathing...

The guys were having fun soaking themselves by going through the water on the four-wheeler. This is about how it looked each time (not sure who this is exactly...), but then they had to stop because it started stalling because of the water. :)

Before we left the boys (besides, Sam, luckily!) decided to follow in their dad's footsteps and run the trucks through the mud puddles and these are the results...

1 comment:

k.young said...

Looks like fun! I hate it when we get sick. I hope you guys feel better soon.