Thursday, January 22, 2009

On a More Positive Note...

Sam's birthday is coming up three days before my due date and I really wanted to have a party for him, but not during that time, for obvious reasons. So I decided to do it during the first week of February and he is already getting so excited about it. Not only am I not creative, but lately I do not have the time or energy or strength to do all the cute things, like making a homemade cute cake, or making homemade invites or anything, so I just decided to do your typical theme party, where you can buy everything you need at Walmart. :) It was between Elmo, Dora, or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, because those are the things he absolutely loves lately, but out of those three, Walmart only had Mickey Mouse Clubhouse stuff, so it was an easy decision. I bought him a few simple small gifts so he has something to open, but not only was there really nothing I could think of that I wanted to get him, but the party stuff was expensive enough so I am kind of counting that as his present. He will enjoy that more anyway. Ugh...gotta take a break...Sam's awake....I'll be able to finish this post hopefully some time later today...

Okay, I'm back. :) Anyway, we got all the stuff for it (I will probably end up just getting a cake from the store...I know it's awful, but like I said, don't have the energy or desire to make one!) and he is so excited! He keeps saying "Mickey party!" I think he will love having all the decorations up and everything. So those of you moms of Sam's friends, expect an invite soon. :)

The thing is, I am sort of stumped on what activities to do for it. I'm thinking since he is only 2 and can't do many of the things you would normally do at parties, we will just have the kids over and play and do cake and stuff. If anyone has any suggestions let me know!

2 comments:

k.young said...

We did a Mickey party for Keelia's first birthday. And we did a sticker version of "pin the nose on Mickey." I just had a Mickey cut out and bought Mickey stickers and let the kids stick them on the Mickey face. It was fun, even for Keelia.

dmaismith said...

They could do a craft, although that would involve some extra cleanup. Don't feel bad about the store bought cake--that's all we ever do in my family anymore.